November 23, 2012

Dancing again!

It seems wherever we move in the world, I (Heather/Erica) end up teaching kids to dance for Jesus.  And I'm happy to be doing it again in our new Guatemalan church! 

Last year I choreographed a dance that was presented at ASELSI's annual Christmas party for the poor, and this year I volunteered to choreograph another dance.  Last year we had 9 kids, mostly missionary kids.  This year I'm blessed to work with (in addition to 3 of my own daughters) 23 Guatemalan kids from our new church in Chichicastenango, called Admirable Príncipe de Paz (Wonderful Prince of Peace).  
There are 17 angels (girls) and 9 shepherds (boys), ages 8 to 13.  The dance is to the Spanish version of the song "You Are Good" by Israel Houghton.  The "multitude" of angels dance for joy as they announce the birth of Jesus, and they invite the shepherds to dance with them.  This photo was taken in the sanctuary of our church.  The outfits were sewn by a local tailor after I realized I didn't have time to sew them all myself!

The Christmas party this year is on November 29, this coming Thursday.  Please pray for my dancers as they present the dance four times that day!  And pray for wisdom for me as I try to direct them in Spanish.