February 10, 2020

Leading worship

This week it was my (Heather/Erica's) turn to lead worship at church.  So, whenever I can, I like to include the children.  We used our hour-and-a-half weekly dance practice to review the kids' participation.  First they sang a few songs on stage with me (we play worship songs from YouTube since our church currently has no musicians), then the girls danced while the boys sang, then we invited the congregation to follow along for three more dances, and then the kids sang a few more songs on stage.  My favorite part was looking over to the right during the girls-only dance and seeing the boys paying attention and singing with gusto!  Those who work with children will agree with me that sometimes after an energetic hullabaloo of a practice, it is a wonder the kids do such a great job during the presentation!!!  It always amazes and blesses me!
During the last song I had the chance to pray blessings, miracles, and victory over our pastor's wife, Flory, while she was kneeling at the altar.  The other people in the photo are our pastor Gregorio with their daughter Marjorie and grandson Mateo.